General Information about All Delegations:
You will be an eyewitness to the situation—and your understanding of the conflict will be enriched and transformed.
Delegations to Israel/Palestine are designed to begin a process of experiential learning and personal transformation. Our delegations expose participants to perspectives that are not readily available in North America. Meetings are held with diverse representatives of Palestinian and Israeli society, focusing particularly on the voices of those working nonviolently for a resolution to the conflict and an end to the occupation. Delegates see the Wall, checkpoints, and demolished homes and learn how these and much more affect Palestinians. Likewise, delegates hear from Israelis about the effects of the conflict on Israeli society. The experiential learning that the delegation fosters is intended to motivate action for change when delegates return. IFPB provides materials, support, and mentoring to help returning delegates make the most of their experience.
What We Offer
ON THE DELEGATION. . .
No other delegation program matches our attention to detail. Each trip features unique meetings with those at the forefront of Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilding. You will also:
- ATTEND a one-day pre-departure orientation in Washington DC.
- TRAVEL in the West Bank and Israel.
- SEE how the continuing Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and the current cycle of violence affect Palestinians and Israelis.
- LEARN from Palestinians about their nonviolent resistance to the occupation.
- MEET Israeli peace activists and learn about their work for a just end to the occupation.
- VISIT selected religious and cultural sites.
- STAY and/or visit Palestinian and Israeli homes, villages, farms, or cultural centers (1-3 nights).
- DIALOGUE with Israelis and Palestinians who have a variety of cultural, religious, & political perspectives.
- STUDY the conflict with experienced delegation leaders and professional local guides.
- EXAMINE the US role in the conflict.
AFTER YOUR RETURN. . .
- ENGAGE with IFPB staff who offer professional support for your speaking events, media work and other efforts.
- BENEFIT from IFPB's Education and Advocacy Program including resources and skills training for media advocacy, congressional engagement and outreach efforts in your local community.
- RECIEVE action alerts and additional means for continued activism.
- ACCESS IFPB's educational resources on the conflict.
- MAINTAIN sustained contact with delegation alums.
- JOIN a growing movement for peace with justice in Israel/Palestine.
Understanding Delegation Themes